Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Just a quick update!

I kept thinking for several weeks now, that I would catch everyone up...but no time! Anyway, no time like the present. (I wanted to add pictures, too, but will have to do that later.) Of course, we have been very busy, just like everyone else we know. Back in October, our very precious friend (and Aleisha's namesake) Leisha Norwood came to Sudan to visit with her son, Andrew, who is in the mission field in Mexico. Andrew was back in Lubbock for a visit and came out to Sudan to visit the church there. He was part of the AIM group we had in Sudan last fall. We had a lovely visit! One of those friends you can be apart from, but when you are back together, it is like you have never been apart.

Halloween was a fun time. Aleisha was the cutest half-angel, half-devil you have ever seen! (Thanks, Sandra, for making her costume!) We went to the community fall festival the Saturday before Halloween. Aleisha had a great time roping calf dummies, throwing footballs, playing redneck golf, and doing the cake walk. Too bad we didn't come home with a cake! (Really not! Don't need any ADDITIONAL calories around this house!)

Then on Halloween, Richard and Aleisha went to Amarillo to set up some of our inflatable games for Comanche Trail church of Christ. They have a wonderfal fall festival every year. Aleisha got to see her pre-school teacher, Ms. Sally Lynch, who she still loves to pieces. She also got to see cousins, Ella and Emma, who were very cutie-patootie cowgirls.

You may, or may NOT, be wondering why I did not go with them to Amarillo for Halloween. Well, on Oct. 22, I started a new job. Fundraising is great, but there is just not enough of it this year to make ends meet. So...I am the new bookkeeper for Blackwater Agricultural Association in Muleshoe, TX. It is a private co-op that sells chemicals, fertilizers, fuel, and several other things. The bad news is I came into the HUGEST (don't even care if I just made up that word!) mess you have ever seen. The good news is the fiscal year ended Oct. 31, the accountant has the books to do an audit, and I am REALLY enjoying what I am doing! Being a very detail oriented person comes in handy when dealing with numbers, money, bills, and accounts. Since Oct. 31 was the last day of the fiscal year, I needed to work late and get several things finished, which I did.

As many of you know, working OUTSIDE the home is quite different than working AT home. I actually like both. When you are gone all day, no laundry gets done, no dishes get washed, mail piles up, and nothing that was out that morning has magically put itself away! Drat! Those things could be done around phone calls and other work, sometimes, when I worked at home. If not, though, I ran past it muttering that I SHOULD do something about it. The good part of working OUTSIDE the home is, I don't have to look at that stuff all day long!

Lots of fun stuff going on...and only 44 days until Christmas! YIKES!!!

1 comment:

mercyshower said...

It's crazy that I actually haven't talked to you for probably 5 weeks! I'm looking forward to hugging you in just a couple days...Lord willing. Thanks for the update on your life, from your viewpoint. I always love hearing our thoughts! Yes, I really do. :) Love you lots, Jessica